Let's face it, the name behind this blog... Mr and Mrs Brislin, but do you 'actually' know the 'Mr' in the name or anything about US? No? Didn't think so!
Meet H U N T E R !
He's a twenty-something guy, born in Spartanburg, South Carolina, raised in Ashland, Kentucky and now living his best life with me in Lexington, Kentucky. Also a graduate from Morehead State University with a B.A. in Sport Management. He's a lover of a clean house, clean car, nice yard, and a news-watching, coffee drinking man.
Now that you know a tad bit about Hunter, let me introduce you to our marriage, itself... because after all, the name of this blog is Mr and Mrs Brislin (to death do us part).
F U N F A C T S
1. Hunter and I met in college.
2. Our first date was at Johnny Carino's... with his best friend. They were in town for a Kentucky football game, I was home for the weekend, and he asked if I wanted to meet him and his friend for lunch. I said yes, but had never 'actually' met/spoke to him before so I had my best friend on the phone before and right after making sure I didn't get kidnapped (because, ya know). It was a great time, we're all three close, I couldn't have imagined it any other way.
3. I was a lifeguard in college at the school's gym, and Hunter was a supervisor at the gym... so in theory, he was my boss if I needed something or had to report a save while at work.
4. We traveled to the Bahamas (each our first time abroad) in 2014 to watch the men's Kentucky basketball team play in a series of exhibition games (told you, big Kentucky fans around here), most memorable vacation to date.
5. Same Bahamas vacation, we swam with dolphins which is how Hunter proposed... a dolphin, Noah swam to me with a banner in his mouth saying "will you marry me."
6. We got married on my grandparents 50th anniversary.
7. We traveled to Los Cabos, Mexico for our honeymoon-swam with dolphins (again), rode camels on the beach, mountain biked, zip-lined, went snorkeling, paddle boarding, and ate A LOT of nachos.... becauseee let me tell you, Mexican food in America is not like 'actual' Mexican food like in Mexico, we've been fooled our whole lives.
8. We've moved five times.
9. Together, we have two dogs-Hawk and Polly.
10. To this day, we've been together nine years.
There you have it, our relationship from start to finish-ish, or at least to this day in a nutshell.
I know, I probably didn't answer the questions you were reallyyy itching to know... so here's a little gossip for you.
W H A T Y O U R E A L L Y W A N T T O K N O W
When are we having kids?
There is definitely this narrative... get engaged, get married and then have kids. Like, WOAH! It's such a cringing question, for so many reasons, on so many levels. While we've become quite the master at dodging this question, I am telling you today, in writing... we're not trying. We both want kids, but not. right. now. We're just not ready. I know, I know, everyone says you'll never fully be 'ready' for kids, but I do think there's that gut feeling you have when it's time, and for us... we know it's not right now. Now that we got that out of the way, let's proceed, shall we?
Now that you know US, tell me something about you and your relationship?