I'm so glad you're here!
Whether you're new, or have followed me and my once every four months post, I am truly excited, and while I don't know what made you 'click' to get here, I am glad you did! If you've followed me before (as in, literally my three posts a year) you will have noticed a 'facelift' becauseee, I am starting o-v-e-r.
This creative space of mine is not to share with you the hottest fashion trend (I actually never want to talk about fashion... I've worked in retail way too long to care about clothes), or to brag on what I have... instead, I hope you continue coming back with the thought that, "wow, this girl gets me." Sure, I may share something that I recently bought, or regularly use, BUT that's not at all because I want you to buy it, instead it would have to be something that excites me or that I stand-by... if you're regularly reading this blog of mine, it's likely because YOU AND I have something in common, so if I 'like' something, YOU likely will too, and that's why I share what I share.
So if I am not going to talk about 'fashion' what am I going to talk about? Good question. L-I-F-E the good, the bad and the ugly. Like the gritty stuff that no one tells you about life, marriage, your career, dogs (really, I am basically a veterinarian at this point), how to buy your first house, to how to buy your first car... there's A LOT of 'firsts' I've experienced with no guidance, at no fault but my own, becauseee that's how I roll, I figure it out (always do), BUT I am going to help YOU to hopefully make things easier. I'm going to share advice that I've learned or wish I had known about such topics to navigate through this crazy thing we call L-I-F-E.
Are we friends now? Probably not, because you know nothing about me... so keep reading!
Meet A M B E R L Y !
I am a twenty-something gal, born and raised in Lexington, Kentucky (GO CATS), and plot twist... I still reside in Lexington (well Georgetown if we're being specific, but I still say Lexington) to this day with the man himself, Mr.Brislin. I am a graduate of Morehead State University with a B.A. in Strategic Communication with a minor in Marketing. I'm also a dog-mom to Polly a Coonhound and Hawk a Beagle/Dachshund mix (your guess is as good as mine).
I use my blog as a place to write and share my experiences about life, marriage, my career... really anything that I am going through or have gone through in life, in sharing I hope to encourage and inspire others through my struggles and success.
Again, if you could see the smile on my face... I am genuinely so glad you're here, and can't wait to share this journey with you!
F U N F A C T S
1. I have a big sweet tooth, and always have sweets on deck... chocolate e-v-e-r-y time!
2. I thrive when working under pressure.
3. I manage the finances in my marriage (don't ask, just know it works).
4. I am a lover of a good mystery book, or anything Nicholas Sparks (he does no wrong).
5. I am always dancing, it doesn't matter the music, it drives my husband crazy.
6. I am a planner of e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g but still like to live life in the fast lane.
7. I grew up showing horses, danced, and even played soccer for a hot second.
8. I'm ALWAYS cheering for Kentucky basketball, and a big NBA fan.
9. I can sleep just about anywhere (not to be confused with, I can sleep anytime).
10. After college I worked as a Wedding Coordinator, hence my love for weddings.
Let me ask again, are we friends now? Tell me something about you!